Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole
A keto breakfast casserole is the perfect way to enjoy brunch! It’s also great for meal prep since it is just as delicious reheated. This easy breakfast casserole has just six ingredients and the prep only takes about seven minutes. You can easily add ingredients to make it fancier or have a different taste profile.
Keto Breakfast Casserole
Many easy breakfast casseroles contain bread or potatoes, which of course, are not good for keto. I remember many years ago one of my favorite standbys was the Bob Evans casserole. While delicious, using bread in a breakfast casserole recipe adds a lot of unnecessary carbs.
Especially for your first meal of the day, it’s important to get it started right with a good amount of protein and without the carbs that can cause an energy crash. You can easily make a breakfast casserole keto by just leaving out the bread. The casserole cooks and sets up just fine without it, and your blood sugar will thank you. Even if you’re not keto or low carb, I highly recommend starting your day with at least 30 grams of protein.
Disclaimer: Links may contain affiliate links, which means we may get paid a commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase through this page. Read our full disclosure here.
Did you know that it takes about two grams of leucine (amino acid) to stimulate muscle protein synthesis? Rather than going super granular to determine whether the protein you’re eating has the right amount of leucine, you will get that amount of leucine if you consume 30 grams of protein. For anyone 40 or older, you may want to consume slightly more protein than that at each meal since our bodies become less efficient at extracting amino acids from protein as we age.
Easy Breakfast Casserole Variations
With only six ingredients this breakfast casserole recipe couldn’t be easier! You can easily change or add ingredients to make this dish even more enticing. Some ideas to make this keto breakfast casserole in several different ways:
- Add 10 ounces of frozen drained spinach and substitute the cheddar with feta
- Add sauteed peppers and onions to the egg mixture
- Substitute queso fresco for the cheddar and top with salsa
- Use gruyere cheese instead and sub in ham for sausage for a French flair
- Add some broccoli florets to the egg mixture
If you love egg recipes, be sure to check out our Keto Quiche Florentine and Deviled Eggs!
Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preaheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese into the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the sausage on the bottom of an 8×11 baking dish and spread in an even layer.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture of the sausage, spreading evenly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the eggs are set and a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @healnourishgrow on Instagram to be featured in our stories or our newsletter! We love it when you make our recipes and share with your friends.