Kale is great for ketogenic dieters. It is pretty low carb in small amounts making it a great delivery system for some yummy olive oil and nuts. Massaging the kale is key to a great kale salad. It breaks down the fibers and makes it much softer and easier to chew.
Simple Keto Kale Walnut Salad
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale
- 1 medium lemon zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
Add kale, lemon juice, lemon zest and oilve oil to a large bowl.
Using your hands, massage kale until leaves look wilted and feel soft (about a minute.)
Stir parmesan, walnuts, salt and pepper into kale mixture.
Serve with a lemon wedge as garnish, if desired.