June 10, 2018
Kale Walnut Salad – Keto Low Carb Recipe
Kale is great for ketogenic dieters. It is pretty low carb in small amounts making it a great delivery system for some yummy olive oil and nuts. Massaging the kale is key to a great kale salad. It breaks down the fibers and makes it much softer and easier to chew. It pairs well with our Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Chimichurri.
Disclaimer: Links below may contain affiliate links, which means we may get paid a commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase through this page. Read our full disclosure here.
Kale Walnut Salad
Servings: 6 people
Simple Keto Kale Walnut Salad
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale
- 1 medium lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt , to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Add kale, lemon juice, lemon zest and oilve oil to a large bowl.
- Using your hands, massage kale until leaves look wilted and feel soft (about a minute.)
- Stir parmesan, walnuts, salt and pepper into kale mixture.
- Serve with a lemon wedge as garnish, if desired.
Calories: 111kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 4gFat: 9gFiber: 0.5g
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @healnourishgrow on Instagram to be featured in our stories or our newsletter! We love it when you make our recipes and share with your friends.