Chimichurri sauce is absolutely essential with flank steak in my book! Whether it’s eating it alone or as dressing on a big steak salad, this topping is the perfect accompaniment. Enjoy it on our Marinated Flank Steak! It has a flavor is similar to a classic Carne Asada marinade but with a lot less carbs. It’s also delicious with salmon, white fish, chicken, shrimp or pork tenderloin!
Keto Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste, freshly cracked
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 large jalapeno chopped, to taste
Prepare all of the ingredients finely chopped.
Add all of the ingredients except jalapeno in a medium bowl and mix well.
Add chopped jalapeno to taste.
Allow flavors to marry together for at least an hour.
Classicly served over flank steak.
Classically served over flank steak, but chimichurri is also delicious with salmon, white fish, chicken or pork tenderloin!