Creamy Lemon Chicken – Keto Low Carb Recipe
Even though lemon is a fruit, using it sparingly in keto recipes doesn't add much to the carb count and makes the dish feel lighter and more summery! I love the brightness in flavor that lemon brings to any dish and this Creamy Keto Lemon Chicken is no exception.
Best Meats for Keto
Most people following a keto diet prefer to use meats that are higher in fat content. For chicken, the popular keto choice is chicken thighs. You could easily use thighs in place of the breasts in this recipe.
Although a lot of people following keto scoff at chicken breasts since they're so lean, I still enjoy using them. For all the years we thought fat was the enemy, chicken breast recipes became a staple and I personally still just like the flavor. Plus the leanness of the meat allows us to add whatever type of fat we enjoy. Or more of a monounsaturated fat rather than saturated fat.
For this keto creamy lemon chicken, I chose butter and olive oil. These two fat flavors are an awesome compliment to lemon and cream.
Other Flavor Considerations
Shallots were used in this recipe rather than onions so as not to overpower the lemon flavor, but if you have regular onions on hand feel free to substitute with two tablespoons rather than three. Additionally, If you love garlic like I do, you may want to go with two or three cloves instead! Just be sure your dinner partner likes garlic too.
Be sure to reserve three to four tablespoons of the parsley for the end. The fresh parsley really adds a brightness to the dish in both flavor and color that both your eyes and stomach will appreciate. We hear a lot that people eat with their eyes first, so it's important to impart a little flourish here and there, even if it's for a quick weeknight meal. It's simple and really adds so much the experience, my little tip for #gourmeteveryday.
Disclaimer: Links below may contain affiliate links, which means we may get paid a commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase through this page. Read our full disclosure here.
The Creamy Keto Lemon Chicken Breasts were paired this time with Simple Bacon Brussels Sprouts and some delicious Dry Farms wine. Not only are the brussels sprouts delicious this way, but it's a ridiculously easy preparation that nearly everyone enjoys. If you'd like to stay with the creamy theme, this dish would also be a great preceded by our Creamy Keto Raw Zucchini and Avocado Cold Soup as a first course.
Creamy Keto Lemon Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt a tablespoon each of butter and olive oil.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, should have an internal temperature of 165.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the remaining butter and olive oil.
- Add garlic and shallot, saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, heavy cream and most of the parsley, saute for about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with white wine, if desired.
- Add chicken back to pan to coat in sauce and reheat slightly about 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and pour sauce over breasts.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and remaining parsley if desired.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @healnourishgrow on Instagram to be featured in our stories or our newsletter! We love it when you make our recipes and share with your friends.