This Chilled Cucumber Feta Soup recipe was inspired by a delicious soup I had poolside on my honeymoon in Greece. The flavor can’t be easily duplicated here since their produce is so amazing and the greek yogurt to die for! However, it is still delicious given what we have to work with here in the states and is a great addition to any summer meal.
And here we have the inspiration…hard to beat the combo of some bubbles with a chilled soup and refreshing salad by the pool!
Chilled Keto Cucumber Feta Soup
- 1 large cucumber english variety
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled, extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mint leaves extra for garnish
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic to taste
- 1 medium lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 medium avocado extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper to taste
In a Vitamix or blender, add all ingredients except for a quarter of the cucumber.
Reserve 1/4 cucumber, some chopped mint, the remainder of avocado and some feta for garnish.
Blend until smooth.
Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Garnish bowls with cucumber, mint, avocado and feta cheese.
This recipe was inspired by a dish I had on my honeymoon in Greece. I was excited to develop this recipe when I got back!