Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl – Low Carb Recipe
Looking for a delicious and satisfying recipe that fits your keto lifestyle? This mouthwatering keto egg roll in a bowl is a great option. Packed with all the flavors of a traditional egg roll, but without the carbs, this dish is sure to become a new favorite. Whether you're following a ketogenic diet or simply looking for a healthier meal option, this recipe has got you covered. In just one bowl, you'll get all the taste and satisfaction of an egg roll without any guilt.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
This keto egg roll in a bowl recipe stands out for several reasons. First and foremost, it's incredibly flavorful. The combination of ground turkey (or pork), cabbage, a bit of carrots and seasonings creates a mouthwatering blend that will leave you wanting more with each bite.
This dish is extremely versatile. While we provide the base recipe here, you can easily customize it to suit your taste preferences. Want to add some more heat? Throw in some red pepper flakes or extra sriracha sauce. Craving extra veggies? Toss in bell peppers or mushrooms. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe is perfect for those following a keto lifestyle because it's low-carb and lower-calorie, just what you need to stay on track with your goals.
Disclaimer: Links may contain affiliate links, which means we may get paid a commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase through this page. Read our full disclosure here.
Mix Things Up with These Variations
One of the great things about this keto egg roll in a bowl recipe is that it's incredibly versatile. You can easily mix things up and add your own twist to create a unique dish every time. Here are some variations you can try to keep things interesting.
1. Switch up the protein. While ground turkey is used in this recipe, you can switch it up by using ground chicken, beef, or even shrimp for a different flavor profile. If you prefer vegetarian or vegan options, consider substituting tofu or tempeh.
2. Load up the veggies. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables to add more color and nutrients to your egg roll bowl. Some tasty choices include bell peppers, broccoli florets, bean sprouts or sliced mushrooms.
3. Try new seasonings. Don't be afraid to play around with seasonings and sauces! We swapped out the more traditional soy sauce for coconut aminos here to keep this dish gluten-free. However, you could use soy sauce if it's not an issue for you. Check out the Asian spice section to get some ideas about what other herbs and flavors you might add to this dish. The spices that are typically used in Asian cuisine are basil, cassia (cinnamon), cilantro, coriander, chiles, cloves, cumin, galangal, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, spearmint, star anise and turmeric.
Remember, these variations are just suggestions for keto egg roll in a bowl. Feel free to get creative and make this recipe your own! The possibilities are endless when it comes to customization, so have fun experimenting and enjoy delicious meals tailored specifically to your taste preferences.
Gluten-Free Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
If you're following a gluten-free diet, you'll be happy to know that you can still enjoy the delicious flavors of an egg roll because this keto dish is also a gluten-free egg roll in a bowl recipe. This dish is packed with all the traditional ingredients found in an egg roll, but without the gluten.
The star of this recipe is cabbage, which serves as a great substitute for the traditional egg roll wrapper. It's loaded with vitamins and fiber while adding a satisfying crunch to each bite. The combination of ground turkey or pork, ginger, garlic, and coconut aminos creates a savory and flavorful dish.
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 tablespoon lard or tallow
- ⅔ cup white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey, or pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (or ½ teaspoon dried ginger)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce , or to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 6 cups chopped red cabbage, about 1 small head, use green, red or combo
- 5 green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat lard over medium heat until liquid.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add meat and cook until browned.
- Add ginger, salt, pepper, sriracha and coconut aminos, mix well to combine.
- Add cabbage and most of the green onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or until cabbage is tender but still has a crunch.
- Serve meat mixture in a bowl and garnish with remaining green onions and sriracha sauce, if desired.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to tag @healnourishgrow on Instagram to be featured in our stories or our newsletter! We love it when you make our recipes and share with your friends.